CounterPulse partners with you by offering access to space, resources, marketing, and production support at subsidized rates to bring your already developed work to the stage. This is more support than a rental-house, but less creative and developmental support than our artist residency program.
The suite of support you receive when you co-produce with CounterPulse:
- Three performances
- One dedicated House Technician for all performances and technical rehearsals
- House Manager for all performances
- Production coordination
- Access to all CounterPulse house technical equipment
- Direct support from CounterPulse’s production staff
- Front of house and box office services, including online ticketing
- Liability insurance coverage
- Basic promotional support
- Inclusion in printed season brochures
- Audience contact and demographic information
- 10 hours of complimentary non-technical rehearsal space
- Access to CounterPulse member rates for all other rehearsal, class, or workshop space
- Use of the CounterPulse Upstairs Studio for green room on the nights of your show
Who We Chose:
We are open to many different proposals from a wide variety of artists, and there are no hard and fast rules about who we will select. However, we tend to choose applicants who:
- Blend more than one performance genre or discipline. Collaboration with other artists is strongly encouraged.
- Are community-based and socially aware. We are interested in work that addresses current social, political or environmental issues.
- Have a distinct and compelling vision for how they would like to take advantage of CounterPulse’s physical space and organizational resources.
- We particularly encourage queer artists, artists of color, and artists with disabilities to apply.