CounterPulse partners with you by offering access to space, resources, marketing, and production support at subsidized rates to bring your already developed work to the stage. This is more support than a rental-house, but less creative and developmental support than our artist residency program.
The suite of support you receive when you co-produce with CounterPulse:
- Three performances
- One dedicated House Technician for all performances, production meeting, and tech rehearsal
- House Manager for all performances
- Production coordination
- Direct support from CounterPulse’s Producing Director
- Front of house and box office services
- Liability insurance coverage
- Support marketing package
- Online ticketing management
- Audience data
- Access to expertise
Who We Chose:
We are open to many different proposals from a wide variety of artists, and there are no hard and fast rules about who we will select. However, we tend to choose applicants who:
- Blend more than one performance genre or discipline. Collaboration with other artists is strongly encouraged.
- Are community-based and socially aware. We are interested in work that addresses current social, political or environmental issues.
- Have a distinct and compelling vision for how they would like to take advantage of CounterPulse’s physical space and organizational resources.
- We particularly encourage queer artists, artists of color, and artists with disabilities to apply.
CURRENT CCP OPEN CALLS
We are currently accepting proposals for August – December 2017 co-productions. Full applications are due January 30, 2017.
How to Make a Proposal
- Complete Proposal Form >>
- Email proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by specified deadline
- Please save and submit your application as a PDF using the following labeling system: “FullName_Spring2017_CoProApp.doc”
- Please do NOT submit any materials not requested in this application.
- Please do NOT send/deliver Application Form as hardcopies
- We prefer online work samples