The CounterPulse Co-Production program is open to all genres of performing artists, ensembles, companies, collectives, etc. looking to stage completed works as part of our Fall or Spring curated seasons.
As a co-producing artist, CounterPulse partners with you by offering access to space, resources, marketing, and production support at subsidized rates to bring your work to stage. This program provides more support than our self-producing program, but less creative and developmental support than our artist residency programs.
Base packages for co-productions start at $3300 for three (3) nights of performance (typically Thu-Sat) and eight (8) hours of technical rehearsal. The package also includes a CounterPulse Technician at all performances and technical rehearsals and comprehensive front of house and box office services. Co-producing artists receive 100% of the net income (total sales – processing fees) from their ticket sales.
Also included in the Base Package:
- Direct support from CounterPulse staff to coordinate your production
- Access to all CounterPulse house technical equipment
- Liability insurance coverage
- Basic promotional support, including a listing in our printed or digital season brochure
- Ticket and box office management and Front of House services
- Audience contact and demographic information reports for your events
- 10 hours of complimentary non-technical rehearsal space
- Access to CounterPulse member rates for all other rehearsal, class, or workshop space
- Use of the CounterPulse Upstairs Studio for green room on the nights of your show
WHO WE CHOOSE
CounterPulse is historically a venue for experimental dance and performance art. However, we are open to proposals from all types of performing artists. There are no hard and fast rules about who we will select. In general, selected artists will:
- Blend more than one performance genre or discipline. Collaboration with other artists is strongly encouraged.
- Be community-based and socially aware. We are interested in work that addresses current social, political or environmental issues.
- Have a distinct and compelling vision for how they would like to take advantage of CounterPulse’s physical space and organizational resources.
We particularly encourage queer artists, artists of color, and artists with disabilities to apply. Group shows and shared evenings are also eligible.
Co-production applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, for consideration for inclusion in print publicity and our season press release, we must receive your application by the deadline below. Proposals accepted after the print publicity deadline may still be eligible for inclusion in the curated season with digital-only publicity packages.
Spring Season (February-June 2023): July 15, 2022
Fall Season (September-December 2023): February 15, 2023
Notifications will be made in late spring for Fall Season artists and early fall for Spring Season artists.