Starting in February: THURSDAYS & FRIDAYS 3-5 PM • SATURDAYS 10AM-2PM
CounterPulse is pleased to announce an opportunity for artists to exhibit and sell their work at the JCDecaux Kiosk on Market Street at 6th. We are looking for visual artists to submit their work to be showcased at the kiosk any Thursday, Friday, or Saturday from 3-6pm over the next year!
This unique opportunity was made possible through a partnership with San Francisco Arts Commission and JCDecaux, with financial support by the Mid Market Business Association.
Submission Eligibility Guidelines:
– Much of the artwork should be affordably priced, so that people from a wide range of economic ability can afford to own art. You may also have works that have a greater retail value
– Must be friendly and welcoming, and be genuinely excited to engage the people who stop by to see your exhibition. The artwork may not be racist, transphobic, hateful, mocking, or insensitive.
– Artists handle their own money. Artists are expected to keep a simple record of income, number of art pieces sold, and attendance. This information will be used to determine the efficacy of the kiosk as a platform to support artists. This information may also be used in future grant applications.
– There is a ten percent donation to CounterPulse off your daily sales that is expected to be reinvested in the operation of the Arts Kiosk.
– Preference given to TL and midmarket artists, especially artists of color.
The CounterPulse Art Kiosk is not ADA Compliant to enter but activations will take place on the surrounding curb to accommodate folx with mobility limitations.